Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Connor is 6 weeks and Sean is 3.5!



I wanted to try and get this done 2 weeks ago 😱 Oh, how things have changed with two kids! 

Height/Weight: On Thursday he was 13lbs 3oz (!!!) and 22 inches long. We think the hospital must have had an incorrect length at birth, because he has definitely grown more than half an inch. 
Sean is 39lbs and 40 inches as of Thursday - such a big boy! I think we are close to a growth spurt again, since he's been eating/sleeping a lot.

Routine: It's not a set routine quite yet, but we are getting there.
He gets up with me when Sean wakes up, usually around 6:30am. I bring him to the living room and he will nap in his swing until 8:30am or so. 
He nurses every 2 hours during the day. If Sean doesn't have school or we don't have any appointments, I try to get us out of the house by 10am, at least for an errand. This usually means going to Sean's favorite place (Target) or the park. 
We get home around 1pm to let big brother nap. These days, Sean doesn't always nap, but he gets 'quiet time' for an hour or so. If it's nice out I'll take the double stroller and walk Freyja. 
In the afternoon, we will usually try get out of the house again, or just hang out depending on what the weather is doing. 
Connor takes naps on and off during the day right now. He's a really laid back baby and sleeps while we're out and about. 
While we're home, Connor naps in his swing. I bring him to bed with us when we go back around 10pm, and I'll do a dream feed/change his diaper.
He usually wakes to nurse around 3 or 4am, then again at 6 or 7. Much different than with Sean! 

Eating/Feeding: He's a champ when it comes to nursing. He does eat for a long time but I figure it's because he's a big boy. 
Sean is as picky as ever, but is much better about eating protein. We are trying to incorporate foods he used to eat into his meals, so hopefully he starts eating them again. 

Sizes: Connor is officially in size 3-6mo tops. He has a long torso but shorter legs, so he can still get away with 0-3mo pants. I started cloth diapers a few weeks ago, and he is in size 1 diapers. I would guess we upgrade to size 2 when we run out of size 1s. 
Sean is in size 4T everything, and is in size 6 diapers. We are unfortunately still not potty trained, but are actively working on it. 

Milestones: 
Connor had his first smile a couple of weeks ago! I was loading him into the car and he gave me a big, open mouth smile! I forgot how magical that first one is πŸ˜€
He is starting to grab/swat at things on his play mat, and loves to coo at his favorite things. So far his favorite item is the tall lamp in the living room πŸ˜…

How Young Living is making my life easier this month:
I have been diffusing Vetiver and Cedarwood as a mixture to improve mental clarity. This is really helpful for Sean during the day when he's having trouble focusing, and helps me with my 'mommy brain'. 


_________________________________________________________________________

A personal update for me:
I have opened an Etsy shop! www.etsy.com/shop/seekelseydo


I love making fun crochet beanies for babies to adults, and decided I'd start making them for others. If you know anyone expecting a baby, they make GREAT baby shower gifts. Or, if you have a little one at home, they are great ways to add some fun to daily outfits. I get so many compliments when Sean and Connor wear theirs when we're out and about. 

Check it out and favorite my shop! It will notify you when I add new items. I also have an Instagram page dedicated to the shop as well. Follow me - @seekelseydo :)

Xo, Kelsey 

No comments :

Post a Comment