Saturday, August 26, 2017

39 weeks...It's going DOWN.



Have you started to show yet? Yep 😅 I got my first encounter with a mom of two young boys the other day, and she said 'Oh man, I hope you get to have him soon!'. I agreed! 
Total weight gain/loss: I was at 39lbs on Wednesday. More weight than I wanted to gain, but still WAY less than the 60 I gained with Sean. I also don't feel as BIG as I did with Sean. My doctor isn't worried about it, so neither am I! 
Food cravings: CARBS. Anything starchy will do. Bread, muffins, crackers, etc. I also have been loving cottage cheese with tomatoes and cucumbers as a snack. Our garden has been going crazy with both so it's a fun way to incorporate them. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing, but I do have to make sure I don't eat too much or the heartburn is out of control. 
Miss Anything? Sleep! And I know I am about to get much less of it very soon 😑
Mood: Impatient. But I know I need to wait for my mom to get here on Tuesday, so I can wait a FEW more days. I know they will zoom by. In the meantime just enjoying all of the quality time with Sean 💗
Sleep: Not great. I have been waking up about once an hour, on top of having slight trouble falling asleep. My sciatica is really pinched and it wakes me up, in addition to needing to pee. The end of pregnancy can be pretty miserable. 
Best moment this week:  Yesterday I took Sean on a walk in the new stroller, and he fell asleep. It was a perfect 80 degrees out, so I parked him in the shade while I rocked on the hammock. It was pure bliss. And it was nice to actually just RELAX and not try to cram a bunch of projects into naptime. 
Annoyances: My pinched sciatica 😞. Heat and stretches help, but I never really find relief. I remember having this with Sean too, and it went away almost immediately after delivering. Fingers crossed that happens again!
Maternity clothes? Yes! I went and picked out some nursing clothes today. I got some nursing gowns for in the hospital and when I come home, some cute 'Tulip' tee shirts that are pretty cute/loose for the awkward postpartum phase, and some comfy nursing bras. 
Looking forward to:  Having this baby! If I don't go into labor naturally, we are inducing on the 1st. It's so crazy to have an official cut off date this time around. In the meantime I will be doing all of the old wives' induction methods to help things along. 

How Young Living is enriching my life this week:

I have been diffusing Stress Away and Lavender like crazy this week. Anything to help me feel calmer and more centered. I also plan on bringing both with me to the hospital to diffuse during labor. I have heard that diffusing oils during labor is so game-changing, and I can't wait to see how they help. 

I'll just be over here with my feet up trying to finish crocheting Connor's blanket. Encouraging texts and love are welcome 💗

Xo, Kelsey

No comments :

Post a Comment